|The Unfinished Nation Brinkley|
Online Learning Center
Chapter 1: The Meeting of Cultures
| Objectives | Pertinent Questions | Identification | Summary | Self-Test: Multiple Choice | Self-Test: True-False | Review Questions | Interactive Maps | Web Links | Glossary | PowerPoint® No Plugin Required | PowerPoint® Plugin Required |
OBJECTIVESA thorough study of Chapter 1 should enable you to understand:
- What the New World was like at the time of Christopher Columbus.
- The ways in which the peoples of the New and Old Worlds affected each other when their societies came in contact in the late fifteenth century.
- The colonial policies of the colonizing nations and the effect each had on the future of the Americas.
- Some important aspects of the culture from which Negro slaves were taken.
- The early development of slavery.
- The role of religion in European efforts to colonize the New World.
- The first efforts of the English to establish a colony and the reasons for their failure.
MHHE Home | About MHHE | Help Desk | Legal Policies
and Info | Order Info | What's
New | Get Involved